In 4 Tips in Enhancing Horrible Websites (Part 1), I tackled 2 suggestions on how to give new life to a dying site. It was about jotting down your goals and the other was to plan ahead. So, I will continue the 2nd half today. Shall we start?
Lead the team.
When a client runs to you for help, they chose you because they think you are the right person for the job. You are the deemed expert for the website develop so try your very best to enhance, enable, and expand their capabilities. Be the captain of their sinking ship!
In these tough times, a leader is required as there will more complex and humongous challenges ahead. To be honest, a leader does not need to be a renowned SEO professional. Anyone can take the role just as long as the person has the right knowledge and capabilities needed for the website optimization.
Let’s face it, handling a project becomes harder when websites are cluttered. Horrible sites are just embodiment of the its own disorganized schemes. With an upright leader, everything and anything can change! Here are the responsibilities of a good leader:
- Arranges the project plans, stays within the predetermined duties, and procedures.
- Assembles the facts and informations from the key employees.
- Makes sure that the reports are correct and up-to-date.
- Verify if the assessment is correct, allow proficiency with a systematic roadmaps, and make imperative changes.
- Makes business/client objectives and inserts it to the existing plans.
- Focuses on actions, analyzes the effects of the actions, and inspires people to aim their attention on the actions.
- Holds everything together and manages the project intelligibility, responsibility, and diligently.
Concentrate on everything you need.
An imperfect website can deplete your time, money, and eagerness to work. Learn to know what task to do first.
- Google Docs is a free tool to let people access the same data. Therefore, your teams does not have to be in one office. Utilizing Google Docs or any other online tool can update or edit whatever documents needed. Any authorized staff can access the documents wherever they are. Actions can be done quickly without thinking of the local time, the location, and traffic jams.
- That is not all, online tools shatters geographic boundaries. The entire team knows exactly what to accomplish by the help of the task list which everybody can see. The good part is, no one can make any excuse to be tardy that day!
- Trello and ToodleDo are examples of other free tools you might want to utilize. These sites can make your life better in managing the entire project. What is left to do now is to monitor to make sure everything is working in accordance to your goal. In addition to this, it is good to put the exact deadline when each task is expected to finish.
All sites are different from each other. There will be noticeable differences. Yes, it could be doomed from the start and probably risky and dangerous for you to embark. When confronted by this type of site, you just have to…
- Thoroughly think and strategize; think of ways to handle your time well.
- Distribute the tasks to the different teams, and each team should aim their attention on their designated goals.
- Develop lead roles and delegate the best person for the job.
- Usage of online tools like the ones mentioned above.