To increase CTR and suitable traffic to your website, you can do it by amplifying the size of your SERP listing. The rivalry in the SERPs particularly rigid since Google constantly alter its algorithms. Because of this, it ain’t easy to make your listing stand out. Having said that, you need to find ways to make things exciting for the searches.
Below, I will share how to just that in just 4 easy steps.
Step 1: Compose an alluring meta description
Meta descriptions get neglected as compared to social signals or backlinks. To be honest, it doesn’t get much attention. Now, the question is, what embodies an effective meta description? How does one build it that listings get clicks right away on Google?
These are the tips to know:
- Ward off from having poor meta descriptions – You only have 160 characters to create it and accomplish a significant description. So, use it well. Think of words that will attract people!
- Utilize an irresistible CTA – Encourage users to click through:
- Start off using an action word to motive users to click.
- Conclude with an action word to compel people to do more.
- Consistently ask a question to pique their curious minds.
- Add cliffhanger – This kind of approach worked well in soap opera and romance novels. Surely, it can do the same for your meta description as well.
- Insert significant keywords – If your meta description matches with the words that the user’s searched, then Google will highlight these words, making it more obvious to everyone reading it.
Step 2: Aim to get 2 listings on Google.
As much as possible, try to have 2 or even more listings on the search results. Google automatically link pages that are from the same website if they show up on the same search results page.
Below are good strategies:
- Begin with an effective title followed by meta description: Put together keywords that are unusual. Do not try to copy others because your listing will just become generic. Preferably, make sure that a keyword is appropriate and suitable for your content.
- Learn from your higher ranked web pages: I’m pretty sure you have at least one page that ranks well. Thus, try to apply what strategies you used on that page.
- Use outside links:
- Do blog posts on other sites. Guest post is a way to advertise your website.
- Discover dead links on a site and inform webmaster that you have encountered broken links. SO, they could make the necessary corrections.
Step 3: Add snippets.
Snippets are advantageous to your search listings. They are awesome for various things:
- Star rating can leap out from the contending listings. Despite the low rating, it can still grab the searchers’ attention.
- Keyword is highlighted in every portion.
- A rating list will surely call attention because of the location lists.
Step 4: Acquire sitelinks.
Google says that sitelinks are allowed if it is useful to the searchers. Otherwise, these links will not improve your link profile.
- Sign up on Google Webmasters – for your blog or site. Below are the steps:
- Present URL
- Send a site map
- Reassess your site
Other methods you can do:
- Eliminate broken links
- Draw out errors
- Forge outstanding content
- Use appropriate anchor texts on links
- Follow more straightforward navigation
- Linkhelpers SEO – 8 Tools for Content Creation and Collaboration - March 18, 2020
- Linkhelpers SEO – 6 Event Marketing and Other Similar Marketing Tools - March 18, 2020
- Linkhelpers SEO – 4 Video Marketing Tools to Upload Your Video Ads - March 18, 2020