Functional Tools and Guidelines to Increase the Website Speed
In part 1, I talked about boosting your page speed. I took up compress files and reduction of redirects to improve your website’s speed. Today, there are 5 more tips you will learn. Ready? Let’s go!
Benefit from browser caching
Boost the server response time
- When you examine the response time, there are a lot of elements that may impact its rate from the number of traffic your site gets to the sort of software your server utilizes.
- Roughly, your goal should be at least a time below 200ms. You have to look out for the inadequacy or slowness of the database requests, routing or memory deficiency.
All the images should be optimized
- Do the correct size and file format. Compress your images before you even import to serve your web purposes. A lot of images in your site can cause your page loading time to be slower.
Reduce the pointless white space
- White space, comment tags, line returns, text and HTML can collectively gather and expand the page size by 10 to 20%. In turn, the increase will negatively affect your website speed. The wise thing to do is to go over your pages and codes subtract unnecessary spaces and codes for a better speed performance.
How to Know if Speed Has Improved?
If you are thinking of trying what we have discussed, work smart and monitor the general site performance of your website to learn where you need to improve. Here are a few suggested tools that could be of help:
Pingdom Speed Test
- It is a tool that will help you with a simple speed check and summary like size analysis, metrics like size per domain, and what type of content has abundant requests. The best part is that you will know which one of your pages are performing well.
Google PageSpeed Insights
- This tool by Google gives you page insights for you to know the performance of your site in terms of speed. Websites will be scored on a scale from 1 to 100. This accomplishes everything on both your mobile and desktop versions of your site, through finishing a page speed test. A grade of 85 and above tells you that your performance is good. It is understood that below 85 means you have to make alterations.
- GTMetrix is one of the free and useful tool that is available. It perceives 5 things like video, history, YSlow, waterfall breakdown, and page speed.