In this day and age, users want instant gratification when searching for something. The year 2010 was the year when Google announced the PageRank algorithm that allowed websites and page speed a towering ranking essentials for crawlers to examine and rank in the search engine outcome. Research showed 53% of mobile users leave when the page does not load in 3 seconds.
Evidently, there is an association between visitor retention, the swiftness, and the bounce rate. Speed invites more visitors in your sites.
Without a doubt, speed should be your top priority for your website. Slow loading time does not allow search engines to crawl the pages and Google will not be able to get the crawl budget effectively. That could be a negative effect to your website’s performance.
There are many benefits of boosting your page speed. Here are the three foremost areas.
- Enhance the user experience
- Even just a second delay in the loading time will lessen the user’s gratification by 16%. On the other hand, a whopping 79% will not purchase your brand or service of your site is too slow.
- Users will ditch your site because the loading is taking more time. Fast loading pages give users the chance to freely navigate and see what your content has to offer.
- A higher quality and comprehensive marketing performance
- Studies revealed that 67% of online shoppers will abandon their basket if loading time is too long. However, if there is a one second increase in the speed, the conversion rate can go 10 to 20%.
- If you aim for a large traffic in your site, then your page speed should be very quick. Google’s studies shows us that a delay of even one second can lessen your traffic by a good 20%.
- Improve SERP positioning
- Going back to the upgraded Google’s PageRank algorithm, the whole site’s speed and its page loading time are equally vital.
- Furthermore, site speed affects the figure of views your site can get. Given all the factors definitely will give you a finer rank in a SERP.
- One good thing that happens when our web page loading is fast enough is that Google’s crawlers can quickly take a look at your site with no difficulty. Hence, many single pages have a chance to have a good rank in the SERP.
The Different Ways to Increase the Speed of Your Website
There are various means to put more speed on your page to really discover the probabilities of your company’s website.
- Compress Files:
- To do this, utilize the use of the tool Gzip. It could decrease the size of CSS files or HTML. Remember, never use Gzip in your images because the photo quality may be affected by this.
- Decrease Redirects:
- Stay away from having more page redirects on your site. If not, expect a lot of HTTP requests, and that will slow down the speed of your page for sure! Do not forget to repair broken links as this will influence your user’s experience.
I will cut the discussion short and give more useful tips on Functional Tools and Guidelines to Increase the Website Speed!
- Linkhelpers SEO – 8 Tools for Content Creation and Collaboration - March 18, 2020
- Linkhelpers SEO – 6 Event Marketing and Other Similar Marketing Tools - March 18, 2020
- Linkhelpers SEO – 4 Video Marketing Tools to Upload Your Video Ads - March 18, 2020