We are aware that YouTube is not just any other website. In part 1, I took up 2 vital suggestions to have a larger traffic and increase the ranking of your YouTube SEO.
Previously, I discussed adding video descriptions and timestamps. So, now, take a look at the 3 more suggestions. Here they are:
- Title and keywords
- This gives you a chance to increase your SEO. Try to incorporate interesting titles and keywords that are relevant to your audience. Always consider what your audience would like, and don’t just create new videos to satisfy search engines and bots.
- Video transcripts
- Transcripts make it more reachable. In a way, it will aid search engines to decipher your video content.
- Also, it will help search engines to crawl and evaluate your content more efficiently. That’s because Google can only learn more information from keywords, video descriptions, tags, video transcripts.
- Don’t waste your energy, time, and money for creating a beautiful video that cannot be understood by the search engine. Besides, there are a lot of online choices to help you do your video transcripts so that should make your life easier.
Engagement is such an important word in YouTube SEO. Numbers and views are a great sign, but user engagement is even better! If you have so many visitors, it will be of no use to your SEO ranking when they don’t stay long. How your visitors behave in your site tells the search engine if your content engaging and interesting for your audience.
These are the benchmarks you should consider:
- The length of time visitors view your video is a good sign. Additionally, the viewers were obviously contented for them to finish the video.
Shares, likes, and comments:
- It is effortless to click “like,” but comments are harder to come by!
- Sharing is even rarer. However, this will lead more and more viewers to your videos. It is a good move to encourage shares so that more people will patronize your videos in the future.
Invite people to be subscribers:
- Encouraging viewers to be subscribers is a good idea. You see, the more subscribers would mean you are an authority. Popularity is a sign that you are creating engaging video content.
CTR or the click-through rate:
- This pertains to the number of clicks you got. If you have very few clicks after optimizing your video, there is high probability that your content does not stir interest in your followers. Perhaps, it could also be that your video quality is not that impressive to the viewers. It will not hurt if you make it more captivating.
- Check your video’s thumbnail and title. Never create a title or thumbnail that is deceiving to your audience because getting a high ranking in the beginning may not last too long when they find out it’s just a ruse to make them click.
Learn from the Greatest
The fastest way to learn is to check the most recent videos of the famous channels. Discover how these great ones do their keywords, titles, descriptions, and thumbnails. Moreover, you should find topics that is useful to your channel. Don’t just upload new content just for the sake of sharing something new. When you make sure that the video quality is always excellent, you will be the next popular channel in no time!
Latest posts by Carmel Lago (see all)
- 5 Ways to Effectively Reduce a Website’s Bounce Rate - January 10, 2020
- 4 More Reasons Why Your Website Has a Huge Bounce Rate - January 10, 2020
- 3 More Reasons Why Your Website Has a Huge Bounce Rate - January 10, 2020