If you will ask me what the surefire way to a successful search engine optimization strategy, I really would not be able to give you a definite answer that could a hundred percent guarantee its success. Search engine optimization is a tricky business. It really does not have any secrets or formulas to it.
There is no secret formula to begin with.
What makes a search engine optimization technique successful is just plainly and bluntly knowing what your market wants and needs. It is simply knowing what they want to come up when they type in keywords on search engines. It is knowing what they want or what they need to see and that, my friend, is a complicated game.
A secret recipe for the perfect search engine optimization strategy might be nonexistent, but what we do have in our bags are factors that you need to take into consideration if you want to nail search engine optimization. (Oh, and by the way, if you want to read further you need to make sure that you have adequate knowledge about the basics of SEO.)
Optimize these 3 things:
- TECHNICAL ASPECT – This involves the technical stuff, the real deal. How internet crawlers find information about the content searched, how these data are indexed and all that jazz, the page itself, the search speed, or in general its whole structure. This refers to the process of optimizing your website for the crawling and indexing phase. With technical SEO, you can help search engines access, crawl, interpret and index your website without any problems.
- ON-PAGE – When we talk about on-page, this basically means everything that involves your content. What the viewers will see when they visit your page. This ranges from the texts, the images, the audio, videos that are included thereof. This refers to all methods that can be done directly within the website in order for us to improve its place in the search rankings. Examples of this include ways and strategies to optimize the content or improve the meta description and title tags.
- OFF-PAGE – These are the external factors. How you showcase your website to your market, how you make your mark. This includes social advertising, the use of media itself, etc. This refers to all the methods that can be done out of the actual website in order to improve its place in search rankings. These are measures that help create as many high-quality backlinks (incoming links) as possible.
No shortcuts in SEO
The above-mentioned are the basic factors that could affect the success of your search engine optimization strategy. Thus, all these three factors should be taken into account; do not disregard one or the other. Ultimately, you need to find the perfect harmony among these three factors, of course with equal weights. Lastly, do not be in a hurry because SEO is a long and winding road.
These are just narrowed down to the basics, but as you go deeper in your quest to understanding search engine operations, you will be surprised by its many facets so brace yourselves.
Latest posts by Carmel Lago (see all)
- Linkhelpers SEO – 3 Quick and Easy Ways to Improve Website Content (Part 1) - January 22, 2020
- Linkhelpers SEO – Google’s Search for Beginners Episode 4 – 5 Recap - January 22, 2020
- Linkhelpers SEO – Google’s Search for Beginners Episode 2 – 3 Recap - January 22, 2020