In my introductory post about SEO, I mentioned three main categories: on-page SEO, off-page SEO, and technical SEO. For this article, I will solely discuss everything about on-page SEO. It is needed if you want to achieve higher search engine rankings.
Your SEO campaigns should focus your website, and for it to succeed, you have to optimize the website for your intended users and search engines. If not, expect your campaigns to fail. Hence, there are definitely things you should take note such as the different on-page elements.
Before I get into the specifics like the page title and meta description, let me first start with the definition of on-page SEO.
What is on-page SEO all about?
On-page SEO refers to optimizing everything on your website. Thus, the name “on-page” because you will edit each page of your site in order to be more appealing to the users and search engines. If you succeed in doing so, obviously, you website will be on more visible in the search results (SERPs).
Of course, there are technicalities involved like the page titles, meta descriptions, URLs, and the content. The point of your enhancements is for your website to make it easier for the various search engines to crawl your entire site. The search engines should be able to understand purpose of the pages of your website.
All three – on-page SEO, off-page SEO, and technical SEO – work together in order to get the best results for your website. Enhancing a site will organize its structure making it more engaging to its readers. No one wants to visit a cluttered website. People will surely click away!
What are the important on-page SEO elements?
Having that, we all don’t want our users to not click our website. Now, I will go to the tips. This is where I give you practical advice on how to do things. There are many important on-page elements such as page titles, meta descriptions, images, keywords, and so on. However, I want to emphasize on the top priority.
Content is number 1!
If there is something that you should prioritize, it should be the content. You have to remember: without great content, a website is nothing. People visit your website for its contents. Whether you are selling a product or you are providing useful information, users click because you are able to supply with what they need.
So, what makes a “content” impressive?
- Publish new content – You are providing your own opinion, own analysis, own presentation of a topic. There should be NO copying of already published articles. There are online plagiarism checkers such as Copyscape so don’t even dare to copy because it will be discovered sooner or later!
- Mix it well – Try to offer a multimedia experience. When you post lengthy texts, try to add images to encapsulate your point. When you want to post a video, better add a short paragraph to explain your video presentation.
- Always post a useful content – Don’t just publish because you need to post something. Ask yourself, “Will this be beneficial to my readers?”, “Will they learn something from this post?”, and “Lastly, will this boost my website’s worth?”
- Carefully prepare your articles – Users do not like it when blog posts are hastily created. So, take time to edit and proofread it. Link where you got your data and don’t just conjure statements without proof.
- Linkhelpers SEO – 8 Tools for Content Creation and Collaboration - March 18, 2020
- Linkhelpers SEO – 6 Event Marketing and Other Similar Marketing Tools - March 18, 2020
- Linkhelpers SEO – 4 Video Marketing Tools to Upload Your Video Ads - March 18, 2020