Think again, my friend, because there are still more to learn.
You may have gathered all that there is to perfect your search engine optimization strategy, but there are certain things that could still go wrong. Believe me, in a perfect world, everything that was taught to you about search engine optimization could be enough but let us face it, we need a reality check.
What exactly could go wrong is search engine optimization?
- You can get over-aggressive with SEO strategies and apply too much,
- You may do things that are wrong in the context of Google because of the lack of awareness,
- Tendency to use shady or spammy tactics ( totally not classy!)
How to get through this?
- First of all, always go back to basics. Trust that what you know about search engine optimization is already sufficient to the optimization of your website.
- Think of it this way, it is just like putting on make up. You just basically have to study your face, learn what works for you, what shades and hues complements your eyes or your lips, and just enhance the features of your face. Not because you have a hundred pounds of make up layered to your face, then it automatically makes you instantly more attractive. No, that’s not how it works. Just apply enough to let the natural features shine. Same goes with search engine optimization strategies, it is best to not OVERDO it.
- You may think you are adding more value to your website, but you may be adding more burden than actual value to it. Remember that even in search engine optimization, less is definitely more.
- Secondly, research well. This is in contrast to the first one. On the actual application, you will implement less. Before you go to apply the best SEO strategy for your site, you need to research first. You need to know everything, every move that you make, what goes around in the same industry that you are in, what the prohibitions are to avoid sanctions and penalties and more. With the right knowledge of SEO, you are sure that you won’t bark on the wrong tree.
- Lastly, do not ever resort to shady tactics. You need to instill trust and confidence into what you have learned about search engine optimization and develop strategies and techniques in good faith. If you start to apply questionable strategies, it will definitely affect your website. Also, it could ruin the trust of your existing and potential customers.
You can’t avoid mistakes.
In every line of business, there will always be loopholes, even to the most perfectly thought of system because that is inevitable. Remember, when you falter, go back to the basics. What is important in SEO?
- developing excellent content that satisfies the users’ wants
- improve page speed and user experience
- obtain high-quality links and brand mentions from reputable sites
What matters most is you focus on your strengths, develop a great plan, and execute everything in good faith.
Latest posts by Carmel Lago (see all)
- Linkhelpers SEO – 3 Quick and Easy Ways to Improve Website Content (Part 1) - January 22, 2020
- Linkhelpers SEO – Google’s Search for Beginners Episode 4 – 5 Recap - January 22, 2020
- Linkhelpers SEO – Google’s Search for Beginners Episode 2 – 3 Recap - January 22, 2020