I know that you’re probably give me the side eye. You might think, “How is psychology related to building website?”
In fact, psychology affects how your website visitors behave. Whether you merely running a blog or selling expensive products, you still have to consider consumer psychology in the creation of your website.
DEFINING CONSUMER PSYCHOLOGY
So, let’s start with the basics. As a way to start this discussion, you have to know that there is something called consumer psychology. It refers to the study of shoppers; it tries to answer the questions — the whys and the how — on why consumers buy certain products and ignore others.
Mostly, companies spends their resources in studying consumer behavior. They allocate millions just to determine the public’s preference. Studies are conducted to know why people prefer certain brands over another. What do business get out of these studies?
- For one, businesses will know how their customers decide on what products to buy.
- Secondly, as a business owner, you would know how to expand your business online.
Now that you know the WHAT part, let us move to the HOW part. Let’s say, you have a website, and so, how will you consumer psychology to convince people to check out your products.
CONSUMER PSYCHOLOGY IN CONNECTING WITH YOUR WEBSITE VISITORS
The question now is that how will you integrate consumer psychology into your web design. Here are some tips to follow:
PRODUCT PLACEMENT IS IMPORTANT
- Regardless of the type of product, you need to remember that you need to place the products within the eye level of website visitors. If you are selling a product or service on your website, you need to add those products in front their eyes. Highlight bestselling products in a way that people can easily notice it.
- Don’t expect that every visitor will be able to find the products or services they want. No, that should not be your mentality. Instead, when designing, you should consider how the proposed design will help the customers find what they need. Is this easy to navigate? Will they able to see the products in your sales page?
- Your goal is always to guide your customers to your products. If they don’t know about it, then, provide photos and videos. Educate them so that they will be enticed to check your products.
APPEAL TO THEIR EMOTIONS
- Next, you need to remember that emotions are powerful. For sure, you have bought something because you like its color, or you like how it looked. You didn’t exactly needed the product right away, but you liked the design of the shoes. So, you bought it immediately… familiar scenario, right?
- It’s not just you because it applies to everyone. Your products need to connect with the target market. You can capture the emotions of your potential customers by telling them HOW your products or services can be a solution to their problems. Moreover, you need to present how these products can make their daily lives easier. Read more: How to Add Emotions in Your Website?
- Linkhelpers SEO – 8 Tools for Content Creation and Collaboration - March 18, 2020
- Linkhelpers SEO – 6 Event Marketing and Other Similar Marketing Tools - March 18, 2020
- Linkhelpers SEO – 4 Video Marketing Tools to Upload Your Video Ads - March 18, 2020