For your website to thrive, you need an audience. Without a doubt, a website is useless without followers. For a blog, readers are needed. For an online store, customers are necessary.
Whatever type of website you are running, you need people. There’s no doubt in that. However, the question is… where you do your find your people? How are you going to start your search? Most importantly, how are you going to convert mere website visitors into actual buyers?
For starters, always ask for people’s email. As what I have discussed in 4 Easy Ways to Gain Traffic for Your Website, email is one way to reach many people. First, you got to find your target audience, ask for their working email, and send promotions to that email. The more emails you get, the better for your business.
How do you build your email list?
Well, there are a number of ways. First, you need to obtain their email addresses, and market to your email list. However, you should not send numerous of promotional emails at all once. Remember, it’s not all about telling them to buy. If you continue to send them with sales, your email subscribers will dwindle down. People will immediately unsubscribe if they see that you constantly pester them with spam emails. If you need more email ideas, refer to this blog post.
What can you add to your email newsletter?
Remember, people subscribe to your email thinking that you have something valuable to share. So, give them value. Whether it is an important information, a freebie, helpful tips, or all of the above, give it to them.
Don’t just send them opportunities to buy. Instead, you should earn their trust. Link them to helpful blog posts, free ebooks, video tutorials, or podcasts that may help them. After leading them to a set of helpful content, then, you can add product offers. This is where you make money.
Don’t make it all about you.
Yes, you need to earn money to keep the business going. However, if you always think of the business side of things, you won’t earn loyal customers. You need to educate the potential customers about your products. Don’t directly sell it to them. Here are some tips to follow:
- Highlight the important features.
- Explain it to them in plain language and elaborate how the product can help them in their daily lives.
- Tell them how the product can offer convenience and comfort.
- Provide a demo through videos and images.
- Lastly, you need to give a little push. At this point, once you have highlighted the product images and showed them demo videos, it pretty hard to resist.
Plus, if you add in a special offer, like free shipping or discount voucher, they will grab this opportunity to buy. If people are hesitant to buy, then, you have to make it exciting for them. You need to create a desire to buy your products. It helps if you study on how to write effective product descriptions or study consumer psychology.
Latest posts by Carmel Lago (see all)
- Linkhelpers SEO – 8 Tools for Content Creation and Collaboration - March 18, 2020
- Linkhelpers SEO – 6 Event Marketing and Other Similar Marketing Tools - March 18, 2020
- Linkhelpers SEO – 4 Video Marketing Tools to Upload Your Video Ads - March 18, 2020