While you may already know all about search engine optimization, we should not also neglect the very core of it, which is “CONTENT”. Content is a vital part when we talk about search engine optimization. If both of these two factors are combined in perfect harmony, it could give your website a boost to the top of the search engine rankings. Now, isn’t that what we all want, right?
That is why the very purpose of this article is elaborate the vitality of content creation, how valuable it is, and how it could give your website a head start from the rest of your competitors.
- We are going to start this off by defining content. In the online community, content is merely defined as what your work is made of; what we will find should we browse through your website.
- But if we want to give our website a boost though, it is not acceptable to “just have a content”. It should work in a way whereas reader or viewers will find what they see as interesting, informational or fun.
- You also need to consider the fact that your content is the reflection of the overall feel of your website. Your website should clearly show what you are really trying to convey through your work.
- Here is a simpler but more complete definition of content as per the words of Derek Halpern, Social Triggers founder: “Content comes in any form (audio, text, video), and it informs, entertains, enlightens, or teaches the people who consume it.”
- Remember, the very goal is basically to spark interest in the viewers and to create engagement. Why are we discussing this? Because it is important to point out that not everything that we see online is to be considered as a content.
- Not every content is actually relevant or worthy, and that, my friends, is exactly what we are trying to avoid here.
SEO VALUE OF CONTENT
- Now, we shall proceed to talking about how content works in search engine optimization. Google’s mission has always been “to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.” Ever since it was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin in 1998, Google has always made sure of that.
- Until now, Google have also been constantly thriving to develop ways to more effectively deliver relevant search results in just one single click. These search results are made possible through the contents that can be found all throughout the internet.
- So, all of these contents are ranked in accordance to its relevance. With that being said, your content must be helpful to the viewers. If you want your content to show on the top search rankings, strive for what your users want. That is how content and search engine optimization work in this industry.
To end this discussion, content is valuable in SEO if it can benefit users. In order for your content to be beneficial to your viewers, it needs to be useful and informative, and credible. Most importantly, it needs to be engaging to get your website at the top of the search ranking.
Latest posts by Carmel Lago (see all)
- Linkhelpers SEO – 3 Quick and Easy Ways to Improve Website Content (Part 1) - January 22, 2020
- Linkhelpers SEO – Google’s Search for Beginners Episode 4 – 5 Recap - January 22, 2020
- Linkhelpers SEO – Google’s Search for Beginners Episode 2 – 3 Recap - January 22, 2020