On 3 Reasons Why Your Website Has a Huge Bounce Rate, I discussed some of the causes why the bounce rate is high. For whatever reason you have, don’t worry because you can still turn the tables. I will tell you 5 tips on how to lower the escalating numbers.
The content should match up the given title and meta description.
The Google search results is comparable to a highway filled with glowing ads and billboards.
Whatever you stated on your billboard in the search results should be the same with the actual content.
If you say you will give 5 tips, then give 5 tips. NOT 2 or 3!
Stop saying that you are selling the finest products when in fact the product testimonials are mostly 2-star reviews.
You get the point. Never deceive your audience just to get clicks!
Highlight important elements.
When people are on your website, they won’t be able know what are the essentials at first glance.
It’s your job to lead them to the important aspects of your website. If you are selling something, highlight your bestselling product and show clear product photos.
If you are running a blog, highlight the titles of your articles. Utilize the different header tags to divide your content into distinct sections.
Improve website speed.
In this day and age, the faster things are, the better.
People want things to appear instantly. That’s why online shopping rose to fame because people can conveniently shop with just a few clicks.
How can you enhance the speed of your website?
- First, compress the images. For the most part, a high-resolution is not really needed.
- Check your current plugins and scripts. You would be surprised on how many tools you don’t need anymore. Take time to review and remove them if you are not using it.
- More tips are on Functional Tools and Guidelines to Increase the Website Speed
Some elements should only stay on the background.
There are important web elements as stated in number 2. However, there are some things that should stay on the background.
For example, people won’t bother knowing about the ads, email subscription button, or your current promo. Typically, they are on your website to shop, to read, and to be informed.
These visual distractions will trigger people to bounce back to the search results. So, if want to promote your email or display promotions, put it on the sidebar.
Assist users find what they looking for.
If you want to encourage more people to stay and browse your website, you should help them find what they want.
Give the information using a single click. How? Add a search bar.
Just look at the Google search. Users only need to type their query and the autocomplete feature can help predict what they are look for.
Aside from that, you can revamp your website navigation. Experiment on what your users prefer: do they want a drop-down menu, collapsing menu, top tabbed menu, or something else?
Read on what could cause these high bounce rates:
- 3 Reasons Why Your Website Has a Huge Bounce Rate
- 3 More Reasons Why Your Website Has a Huge Bounce Rate
- 4 More Reasons Why Your Website Has a Huge Bounce Rate
Hopefully, I was able to share to you how to remedy towering high bounce rate. This will pretty much decrease it to the ideal 26% – 40%.
- Linkhelpers SEO – 8 Tools for Content Creation and Collaboration - March 18, 2020
- Linkhelpers SEO – 6 Event Marketing and Other Similar Marketing Tools - March 18, 2020
- Linkhelpers SEO – 4 Video Marketing Tools to Upload Your Video Ads - March 18, 2020