Alright, video contents have been going in waves in the online community. Digital influencers decided to shift from just plain old blogging to vlogging.
It’s no surprise video blogs are a thing, and anything with a video content have made it to the top results.
Definitely, it is for the long run. According to a study, many people have said through a survey that they prefer video contents more than your conventional text, image or audio contents.
It’s just like kids who prefer to read books with images rather than those that have nothing but boring texts with it. Like text-content, we also need to optimize search for our video contents. In some cases, it may not populate well on search results. Here are some of the reasons why:
You did not use an optimized text.
- Why is this important? Most of the videos on Facebook, for example, are viewed on mute. Thus, it is important to add closed captions or add transcripts.
- It is not just about providing captions for those who have difficulty in hearing or to avoid noise nuisance. In fact, transcripts can make your videos more searchable by the crawlers.
- This can help your video content more visible on search results. The very key to optimizing your video content is to focus more on creating a transcript around conversational words and phrases. Transcribe the full text because it will provide convenience for everyone viewing it, and it will boost your rankings.
Your thumbnail is BORING!
- If you thumbnail is not interesting enough, why would people spare a minute to click on your video?
- You can perfect every technical detail, but a boring thumbnail will always be a deal breaker. If people do not click on your video, courtesy of your uninteresting thumbnail, a domino effect will occur. Of course, no one will comment, like, share or subscribe to your content.
- So, here is the game plan. You might think that thumbnail is a bit unnecessary, but trust me, it packs a punch. Take all the time in the world to create a masterpiece of an image and put it on as thumbnail.
- According to Wistia, videos with custom human thumbnails received 30% higher play rates than those without.
Your videos are not properly aligned with your web pages.
- Now, let’s talk about whatever goes in your website itself.
- Your contents should be on a page where it allows it to be properly optimized. For one, you need to check quite a few factors like how quick your page loads.
- Is it even secure? Have you done your best in optimizing the page’s other contents? Have you adjusted the keywords for text, visual , and audio content?
- One other thing, you need to check on is the video’s relevance. Does it even relate to the rest of your web content? If not, no one would even bother to view it.
- All the content should be correlated so that you do not confuse your viewers.
You are treating it like a blog post.
- Lastly, blog posts are great for an in depth discussion about certain matters, but if you are going to make your video content in the same fashion as a blog, then, consider your viewers gone. Video contents should be a lot more of a summary rather than a thorough discussion, that is a blog’s job. You do not want to bore your viewers to death.
Latest posts by Carmel Lago (see all)
- Linkhelpers SEO – 3 Quick and Easy Ways to Improve Website Content (Part 1) - January 22, 2020
- Linkhelpers SEO – Google’s Search for Beginners Episode 4 – 5 Recap - January 22, 2020
- Linkhelpers SEO – Google’s Search for Beginners Episode 2 – 3 Recap - January 22, 2020