Casa Grande Tidbits
During the mining boom in the year 1879, with the presence of the Southern Pacific Railroad Casa Grande was founded. Despite of just a few people, a number of five local citizen and three buildings, in January 1880, the society of Terminus (end of the line) were established. After the Hohokam ruins close-by Casa Grande Ruins National Monument, in September 1880, subway executives changed the name establishment Casa Grande. From the year 1886 to 1893, the town endured misfortune and slow progress of their economy. Fire demolished Casa Grande and destroyed all wooden residential houses, their mining business slowed down and the town was almost abandoned by its people in the year 1890. In the year 1815, Casa Grande remained alive and strong due to its agricultural appearance.
Casa Grande is a dusty desert, the weather in January has the high temperature of 65 with the normal low of 38. During the month of July the normal high temperature is around 116 and a normal low of 78. United States Census Bureau present Casa Grande has an overall area of 48.2 sq. miles, and they only experience an annual rainfall around 10 inches or "250mm" in a year. Peart Road, the Peart Center and Peart Park are all great fixtures that was named after one of the founders of Casa Grande Mr. Thompson Rodney Peart.
Casa Grande was part of the New Deal, it was home to a collective farm society. Due to rural agricultural industries like cotton and dairy farms, Casa Grande has classic economy. As time goes by, the Casa Grande turned into Phoenix or Tucson urbanities residential homes. People go to work by commuting from the north to their work or from the south to work in Tucson in Phoenix metropolitan area. Because of this, Casa Grande's progression in their economy services grows. Throughout the city, several businesses started to establish businesses such as gas stations, retail outlets and restaurants. Population in Casa Grande also increased.
As stated by history specialist David Leighton, at the time of War II, from the year 1942 to year 1945, a Japanese American movement camp was established outside Casa Grande, and they called it the Gila River War Relocation Center. Two outstanding individuals that were bound there were future on-screen character, baseball player Kenichi Zenimura and Pat Morita, who established a field for baseball and set up a league in the new camp.
Casa Grande is a household to the Francisco Grande lodging & Golf Resort, and the previous spring preparing area for those San Francisco Giants. After that owner, Horace Stoneham, started in the year 1959 establishing his property. In the year 1961, in Casa Grande, the first presentation game was played, with hitting a 375 ft. The 114 home run record belongs to Willie Mays. The past ballgames stayed in their memory and the pool stayed in a baseball bat even though San Francisco Giants wasn't able to play.
Casa Grande was the only area of the Corona Satellite Calibration Targets, throughout the cold War. The targets are made of concrete arrows placed in the south of the city that measured satellites of the Corona spy planes. The Public Library of Case Grande delivers the basic services of key to reading materials, and also with some great and special services, and that includes the volunteer reading club for lower school, talking book program and internet access. Casa Grande's main library measures 16,000 square ft., 1,500 square miles, contributes access with 38 public computers, including internet access and with the volume of 75,000. In the summer of the year 2009, one of Caesar Grande Library Systems opened, it's now called at the Vista Grande Public Library.
Casa Grande is also known for its several breathtaking historic buildings and ancient houses of religious worship. Some of them are listed in the National Register of Historic Places in the year 1985 is The Cruz Trading Post, established in the year 1888 and it was stationed at 200 W. Main St. The building was owned by Ramon Cruz Sr. one of the most popular person in Casa Grande for being a successful businessman. In year 1905 Mr. Cruz Sr. moved the trading post to cause Grande and managed the trading post.
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places (1985) is the store established in the year 1907, the Johnson's Grocery Store which is located at 301 N. Picacho St. In the same year, the Ward's Variety Store was also established and listed in the National Register of Historic Places, its location is at 112 N. Sacaton St. Another historic building built in the year 1920 and currently serving as the Casa Grande City Hall, is the Casa Grande Union High School was listed as one of the historic buildings stationed at 510 E. Florence Boulevard. Lastly, the Lincoln Hospital, in the year 2002 it was listed the National Register of Historic Places. The building was made to serve as a sanitarium and a hospital in the year 1940 by Nile M. Robson.